Passengers are automatically charged for tolls incurred during active GroundLink rides. Additionally, passengers are charged for tolls during the driver's return trip to the driver's original coverage area or location.
In order to ensure that tolls are charged accurately, GroundLink monitors all rides via GPS and the driver's coordinates are tracked. Should your GroundLink ride take you through a toll, the fee for the toll will be charged at the local toll rate and will be reflected in your final ride receipt. Toll rates are subject to changes set forth by the toll authorities and may be adjusted without notice.
For the following states, GroundLink will automatically charge you roundtrip EZ Pass/I-Pass/TollTag rates:
Below are a few sample rates:
NYC Metro Area
JFK to Manhattan: $5.76
LGA to Manhattan: $5.76
NY State Congestion Tax
Beginning February 2, 2019, the State of New York will impose a surcharge on all for-hire transportation that:
- Both begins and ends in New York State, and begins in, ends in, or passes through the New York City borough of Manhattan, south of and excluding 96th street (the "congestion zone").
- Begins in, ends in, or passes through the New York City borough of Manhattan, south of and excluding 96th street (the "congestion zone").
- The applicable surcharge must be passed on to the passenger through a charge separately displayed on receipts and may not be deducted from the driver's pay
Amount to be charged:
- $2.75 per trip provided by a for-hire vehicle that is not a medallion taxicab or a pool vehicle;
- $2.50 per trip provided by a medallion (yellow) taxicab vehicle; and
- $0.75 per passenger for a trip provided by a pool vehicle